10 In Life/ LIFESTYLE

Just a Minute | A November Update

life-lately7
life-lately
life-lately1
I’m currently sat on the sofa in my PJ shorts waiting for my gradual tanning moisturiser to sink in because the weather is warming up and no one wants to see these pasty legs.ย I find it hard to blog after some time off so thought I’d dive in with a catch-up post to get back on the band wagon. There’s been an overwhelming amount of life admin (lifemin?) lately and when I have a spare moment I’ve de-stressing with Netflix, getting back into the gym, and eating a lot of peanut butter.

After getting a few things ticked off the massive to-do list (more on that in a blog post soon), I’m ready to show my face again on the blog! I went to Singapore a month ago to visit my sister so I’m looking forward to sharing our adventures on here, along with a few trips I never got around to documenting, and some more creative things I’ve been up to lately. How has your past month been?

For now here is a currently loving list which I always love doing/reading…

Reading //ย Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy. I’m only about a quarter way through and loving it. I realised I hadn’t read a classic in a while, and the great thing is they tend to be so cheap on the Kindle!
Visiting // Phillip Island next weekend with a group of friends. We are staying in an Airbnb on the beach and I cannot wait for BBQs, sunbathing, and boozy board game nights.
Listening // To Tame Impala, a Perth based band who I’m loving
Loving // The 30 degree day we had this week. More of these please!
Tryingย // A new group personal training work out at Field & Function. I’ve been loving the ‘functional’ and HIIT classes, even if I emerge looking like a sweaty tomato at the end.
Eating // Probably too much peanut/almond butter. Or any nut butter I can get my hands on really.
Drinking // We’ve been shaking up our own espresso martinis after work on a Friday andย they beat all the $20 martinis in the Melbourne bars ๐Ÿ˜‰
Thinkingย // About the next chapter.
Wearing // My new slim boyfriend jeans from Topshop, they are sooo soft and comfortable. And also all the blush coloured things.
Buying // I’ve ordered aย couple of swishy maxi dresses to try on for a wedding in December. Any excuse to buy dresses!
Watching // Black Mirror on Netflix. Have you seen these? They are amazing and terrifying at the same time – each episode is a self-contained story on the theme of modern technology with a bit of a sinister undertone.
Planning // A little camping roadtrip up the south east coast of Australia at Christmas. I cannot wait!
Chatting // To my parents in the UK and sister in Singapore on a three-way Skype chat yesterday which was a lot of fun!

What are you loving at the moment? Any books or Netflix series to recommend? x

life-lately5
life-lately2
life-lately6
life-lately4

marie
    November 7, 2016 at 12:42 pm

dreamy pictures ๐Ÿ™‚

Polly Rowan
      December 4, 2016 at 7:04 am

Thanks Marie ๐Ÿ™‚

Maria
    November 18, 2016 at 2:58 am

๐Ÿ™‚ I like this list. I’m definitely watching Black Mirror. Had to take a lil’ break from binge watching it because it’s sooooo out of control sometimes. A Netflix series I recently kind of started watching is Chewing Gum. It’s very bizarre, but very funny! You should definitely check it out.

I definitely only got about a 1/3 into Anna Karenina several years ago. I loved it, but then put it down for too long and was taken out of the story. I need to pick it up and start again soon. Too many books on my list of things to read!

One thing I’m loving right now is multiple cups of tea! I really enjoy sipping super hot cups of tea in a row. So good!

Polly Rowan
      December 4, 2016 at 7:06 am

I know, Black Mirror freaks me out a bit! I love how thought provoking it is though. Ha I haven’t heard of Chewing Gum, I will seek it out next time I’ve after a new series! I’m actually struggling a bit with Anna Karenina a bit at the moment, it’s a little slow but I think I’ve got so used to fast-paced books that I still want to try and get through it…

Haha I love a good cup of tea – I’m very into liquorice tea at the moment. Thanks for your lovely comment x

Diana Mieczan
    December 1, 2016 at 3:22 pm

Oo, Black Mirror sounds intriguing, I’ll definitely check it out. Btw: family Skype dates are my favourite thing in the world. It makes everything better:) Have a great day, sweetie.

Polly Rowan
      December 4, 2016 at 7:07 am

It does doesn’t it! No one makes me laugh more than my fam!

han
    December 1, 2016 at 9:37 pm

Just fell in love with your blog – just thought you should know!

Hannah | Oh January

Polly Rowan
      December 4, 2016 at 7:07 am

Thanks Han, that made my day ๐Ÿ˜‰ x

Fariha
    December 2, 2016 at 8:01 pm

I loved my time in Singapore! Looking forward to seeing your photos from your trip. I’ve been watching Luke Cage on Netflix. Not my usual genre of Netflix series, but it’s pretty good! I also just got done watching Gilmore Girls, which I can’t get over ๐Ÿ™‚

Fariha | blog.farihawajid.com

Polly Rowan
      December 4, 2016 at 7:08 am

Singapore is awesome! I’ve taken a while to get the post together sorry, it’s almost there! Oh I’ve so been meaning to try Gilmore Girls, everyone seems to be going crazy over it at the moment – it must be good! x