9 In Inspiration/ INTERIORS

Home Snippets

We’ve been in our little flat for over three months now and it really feels like home. Because we moved into an unfurnished place, for me it was important to make it homely with little ornaments so I treated myself with things like candles, plants, and prints. Plus I shipped over a few things from the UK that I knew would instantly make it feel like home to me.

I bought Alex the record player for his birthday as he’s building up a record collection that he couldn’t previously play. I didn’t originally want to put it on display but then I bought the little three-legged table in a warehouse sale and one morning the record player just somehow appeared there. Now I love it and we end up listening to scratchy old tunes whilst we’re cooking most evenings.

We definitely have a bit of work to do with pulling it together as it’s still not perfect. Heck, we still don’t have a bed (I never use the word heck in real life but it just worked here). Our latest project is opening our spare room as an Airbnb which I *think* will be fun. We stayed in one in Adelaide where the hosts lived there, and as it was a weekend city break we hardly spent anytime in the apartment. I’m hoping that that’s how it will work! Has anyone had any experience with hosting an Airbnb? x

catherinesprunt
    June 11, 2015 at 8:49 am

You have the best style! I love it. How exciting about Airbnb, will have to come visit ;). I haven’t rented out my place or rented an Airbnb with a live-in landlord…but this blogger does and wrote about it here: http://www.ohladycakes.com/2015/04/easy-peanut-butter-cookies.html

x

Marie
    June 11, 2015 at 9:00 am

great style ! everything that I love πŸ™‚

Marie
    June 11, 2015 at 9:00 am

great style ! everything that I love πŸ™‚

Carly @ Let Us Wanderlust
    June 11, 2015 at 9:10 am

You have the prettiest house! I love the pops of colour – it really looks like something out of a magazine! I have never been an Airbnb host but I have stayed in so many wonderful Airbnbs – even ones with live-in hosts! Best of luck with this exciting venture! I bet it’ll be lovely meeting travellers from all over! x

Carly @ Let Us Wanderlust
    June 11, 2015 at 9:10 am

You have the prettiest house! I love the pops of colour – it really looks like something out of a magazine! I have never been an Airbnb host but I have stayed in so many wonderful Airbnbs – even ones with live-in hosts! Best of luck with this exciting venture! I bet it'll be lovely meeting travellers from all over! x

bec shar
    June 11, 2015 at 2:22 pm

So cute! I definitely agree that all the little trinkets and decorative peices make a house a home after I moved in to my first flat last year. And I think the airbnb idea is great too – everything looks so beautifully decorated so people will be jumping at the chance to stay there!
    bec X
    becshar

bec shar
    June 11, 2015 at 2:22 pm

bec X
    becshar

Diana Mieczan
    June 12, 2015 at 12:48 pm

Your place looks so lovely, sweetie and I love that record player. We have one too and we listen to jazz on it all the time. Have a great weekend. xoxo

Diana Mieczan