12 In Life/ LIFESTYLE/ UK

Christmas in London

On Saturday I dragged Alex around London to soak up all the festive spirit. It was the most beautiful day I’ve seen in a while – sunny, clear, and very cold. The best kind of Winter’s day! We tried out a new brunch place called Nell’s in Chelsea which had a beautiful interior, but the food was a bit average.

A long wander along the King’s Road with lots of nipping into shops led us to Harrods where the sun started setting (at 3:30pm, sob), but it created the most beautiful light. Have you seen the Harrod’s Christmas windows yet? I’ve made it my aim to see them every year. This isn’t my favourite year (I preferred last year’s train carriages). However I absolutely LOVED the little mice scenes. They were adorable and must have been so much fun to make. We finished off our trip with a Mille Feuille (him) and a gluten free brownie drowning in chocolate sauce (me) in Patisserie Valerie. Pretty much the best day out in London ever!

How was your weekend? I had my second hot yoga class on Saturday morning (which is also, I discovered, a great cure for a hangover!). I seem to ache slightly less this time. Have you tried hot yoga? On Sunday I went for a long walk with my granny in Kent, then watched BBC drama, The Missing, which I was gripped by! x

Siobhan Watts
    December 8, 2014 at 11:37 am

I've lived in London for over ten years, and still haven't been to Harrods. Feel like I should make the effort to see the Christmas windows! Sounds like you had lovely weekend x

Maria
    December 8, 2014 at 6:13 pm

I love London at Christmas time. Well, at any time really, but especially at Christmas.
    Hot yoga sounds interesting! x

Miranda | Miranda's Notebook
    December 8, 2014 at 9:24 pm

Such beautiful pictures! Saturday was such a gorgeous day. I'm addicted to The Missing too! It's so sad but so gripping. I've never tried hot yoga but it sounds interesting….

Monique
    December 9, 2014 at 1:43 pm

Amazing photos! I wish we had a Harrods in Holland. It always looks so festive!

WritingMonique

Polly Rowan
    December 10, 2014 at 9:26 am

Ah I'm sure you have brilliant festive things that we don't have – like wonderful Christmas markets!

Polly Rowan
    December 10, 2014 at 9:27 am

I know! I watched the second episode last night and I'm obsessed!

Polly Rowan
    December 10, 2014 at 9:27 am

It's the best isn't it. I'm hooked on hot yoga now 🙂 makes it feel like Summer for a couple of hours a week 🙂

Polly Rowan
    December 10, 2014 at 9:28 am

I didn't even bother going inside but the windows are lovely! I've heard Fortnum and Mason and Harvey Nicholls (both around the corner) are worth a see too x

Valerie
    December 14, 2014 at 9:31 pm

I love London so much around this time of the year that I've been twice in the past 3 weeks! haha So many great festive things to do. I have yet to try hot yoga though! xx

hakakj123
    December 15, 2014 at 6:24 am

This post is worthy of appreciation, looking forward to more exciting! wholesale swarovski bracelet

Polly Rowan
    December 16, 2014 at 10:28 am

Ah how lovely – it's perfect for a day trip! Hot yoga is surprisingly brilliant, especially in the Winter when you need warming up x

Marry David
    December 18, 2014 at 4:49 am

I like jewellers in london and specially this article of bracelet and have to view recently and there is really available lot of variety of jewellery, including engagement rings.

charm bracelet