10 In Thailand/ TRAVEL

Packing for Thailand!

I’m so excited that I’m taking a trip to Thailand in January! A few weeks ago my boyfriend and I spent a few hours on a rainy cold Sunday looking at flights to Thailand, and we finally went for it. I’ve never managed to escape the UK Winter before and I cannot wait to have some sun. This is when the fake tan lotion really comes into its own, am I right?! This is also my first time in Asia and somewhere I’ve wanted to explore for so so long. I’ve put together some little inspiration boards for what I might be packing…

My boyfriend and I have come up with a plan which starts in Chiang Mai where we want to meet some elephants, do a Thai cooking course, hire scooters, and go adventuring. I also want to take the bus to Pai from here which is supposed to be really chilled and a great place to explore waterfalls and hot springs. You can’t really go travelling without some hippy pants and a massive camera so here go.

Next we’re going to Bangkok for the weekend where I want to check out the famous weekend market. I think long skirts and wraps will be useful here for popping into temples. I actually love this H&M skirt.
Ok ok this is the bit I’m actually most excited about. Just chilling around on a beach on the island of Koh Tao. We’re going to go to two or three islands but this one is supposed to be uh-mazing for scuba diving so that’s a must. I’ve had my eye on a Triangl bikini for a while, and Lena’s book is at the top of my Christmas wishlist 😉

Have you guys ever been to Thailand and do you have any recommendations on places to go and things to see? x
This post is in collaboration with www.thomson.co.uk

Sarah || Daydreams of Summertime
    November 26, 2014 at 1:51 pm

Oh I am so jealous – I love Thailand! We spent a day elephant trekking when we went up to Chiang Mai, it was amazing!

Polly Rowan
      November 28, 2014 at 2:02 pm

That sounds so fun Sarah! I can't wait to meet the ellies 🙂

Let Us Wanderlust
    November 26, 2014 at 8:38 pm

I love your packing inspiration boards! Those outfits are perfect for a holiday to South East Asia in summer! I have been to Thailand and I can't even express how amazing it is! It was such a beautiful place to explore, with an incredibly rich culture and so much to do! We went elephant trekking, did a Thai cooking school as well and took a day trip out to the beach where The Beach was filmed! I bet you guys will have an amazing time!

Carly xo

Polly Rowan
      November 28, 2014 at 2:03 pm

Wowww that sounds incredible. This has made me a whole lot more excited!

Jenny Thompson
    November 27, 2014 at 9:48 pm

I was recently in Thailand and went to these places. I loved the elephants in Chiang Mai, we did it with Patara Elephants. I also loved the cooking school, we still haven't cooked anything back here but it was so much fun. In Koh Tao we did a boat tour which stopped at Nang Yuan definitely walk up to the viewpoint. Have an amazing time x

Polly Rowan
      November 28, 2014 at 2:04 pm

I just checked out your post Jenny – congrats on your engagement in Thailand! Such a heavenly place to get proposed to!

Kirsten Wick
    November 28, 2014 at 2:49 pm

Oh that's amazing, never been to Thailand but it's definately on my list! I need to get the 'Not that kind of girl' book! Kirsten xx

Polly Rowan
      November 28, 2014 at 2:51 pm

Perfect for your Christmas wishlist 🙂

Kie I.
    December 3, 2014 at 12:02 pm

Can't believe I missed this post before – I'm heading over there in only a few weeks and I'm totally loving this packing board 🙂 The places you've chosen are seriously perfect for a first time visit – really exciting, hope you guys have a good time!

Polly Rowan
      December 3, 2014 at 2:33 pm

Thanks Kie and how exciting! Have an amazing time and I hope you do some blog posts about it haha 😉 x