Happy first day of Autumn! It’s been a gentle ease into Autumn so far here in London. The days are mild and muggy but the rust coloured leaves are starting to fall, and the days are shortening. This past Saturday it was so nice being able to enjoy a warming coffee and breakfast (Eggs Royale, hello) by the River Thames in the open air. We went for a wander along the water afterwards and it made me almost excited for Autumn. I’m refusing to wear a proper coat until October, so I’m sticking to lightweight jackets for now. This one from Uni Qlo is uber light and I love it (I actually stole it from my mum but I’m planning on getting my own 😉
I’ve made a list of little things to get me excited about Autumn/ Winter (if you read this blog regularly, you’ll know that I’m very much a Summer girl, so I’m trying very hard to stay positive about this coming season!) …
2. Downton Abbey on a Sunday night. Enough said.
3. My family’s annual apple picking and cider making at my Grandparents’ home in Kent. It isn’t really Autumn until we’ve taken part in this tradition. Here is apple picking in 2009, 2012 and 2013. I can’t wait to eat variations of apple crumble for weeks on end as we try and get rid of the overload of apples!
4. I’d love to take a visit to Hackney City Farm to see all of the animals this Autumn. It looks too cute!
5. Booking a few weekend trips. I’ve just booked a trip to Glasgow to visit friends (first time in Scotland eek). Do you have any recommendations? I also plan to visit a few uni friends around the country if I can.
6. Cosy movie nights. I discovered THE most ridiculous and delicious thing – crispy bacon and maple syrup popcorn. It’s like a party in your mouth. I visited the most adorable Olympic cinema in Barnes the other day with plush red velvet seats and a wine bar. I can’t wait to go back and maybe see Gone Girl 🙂
7. Autumn Walks. I’ve never been to Parliament Hill and I’ve heard there are beautiful views of London from there.
Anymore ideas? Basically I want to live in my Hunters and a tartan blanket and skip around the leaves with a hot beverage. Check out my new Autumn/ Winter Pinterest board. Also do you have Instagram? I’m a little bit obsessed, come and say hi here.