I am a bit of a ying yang eater. I absolutely love fruit and vegetables and cooking fresh food from scratch. But I am also a massive chocoholic. Last night my friend and I tucked into a tub of Ben & Jerry’s and a bag of mini eggs, so I felt like having a super healthy breakfast this morning. These pancakes are low carb, gluten free, sugar free, and the easiest and quickest pancakes I have ever made!
For these pancakes you only need two ingredients: bananas and eggs. I actually added a tablespoon of ground flaxseed as well, but this is optional.
– Mash up 1 and 1/2 ripe bananas with a fork
– Beat 2 eggs and combine with the bananas
– Add some ground flaxseed if you wish, or cinnamon
– Heat some coconut oil in a frying pan (or another oil if you don’t have any) until it’s hot
– dollop a large spoon of mixture onto the pan
– I found they cooked more quickly than normal pancakes, so flip after about 30 seconds. The pancake should hold itself together and be browned. Cook both sides
My mum enjoyed her pancakes with a blob of Nutella (I wonder where I get my love of chocolate from…). Also I promise I gave her more than one pancake!
I piled mine with plain yogurt and berries. The great thing is you don’t really need any sugar as the banana makes them sweet. They don’t taste like banana/ egg like you would expect, but just like normal pancakes and really light and fluffy. Enjoy!
I hope you UK dwellers enjoyed the beautiful weather this weekend! It was so fab being able to wear a tshirt all day and spend some time outside.