1. The set of Matilda the musical, on West End
2. A fox running along my street
3. My Mum’s snazzy new trousers
4. Beautiful cakes in the window of BB Bakery
5. Wahaca for a Mexican, tapas-style lunch
6. I love all the patterns on the walls
8. My hibicus mojito
9. More cocktails
10. Stumbling across the rehearsals of the Olivier Awards, listening to Wicked the musical
11. Complimentary macarons
12. Raspberry and caramel
13. A runaway canary
14. Homemade Devil’s food birthday cake
15. (A Jane Asher recipe)
As it was my boyfriend’s birthday this weekend, I spend a couple of days in London. My Mum and I shopped until we dropped (I literally did) on Saturday for my graduation dress! I eventually settled on a lovely floaty orange number, perfect for the summer. On Saturday night Alex and I saw Matilda at the West End, which was so much fun. I can’t believe how talented the children are!
Sunday consisted of a relaxed birthday lunch at Wahaca, a new London restaurant which I really recommend. We filled our table with delicious mini quesadillas, tosados, tacos, and mojitos of course. For dessert we shared churros with chocolate, and the most divine salted caramel ice cream. I baked devil’s food cake for the first time, which managed to be amazingly chocolatey but surprisingly light. Yum!
I’m ready for the final push to finish this project, which is why I haven’t had the time to blog much lately. But I have plenty of posts planned for after my deadline on the 20th May!
What did you get up to this weekend?